Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dear Diary

Sometimes it's hard to look in the mirror and be 100% honest with numero uno! In order for me to survive in this contest and in life I need to accept fate and move on, right? Wrong!

I can't yield to the seductive pull of self-pity, at least for any extended period of time. Acting like a victim only threatens my future! Am I better off to appear resilient and remain productive?

I will stand proud, pick up the pieces and start putting my journey to health back on track! I am better off to stay focused on what could be lost here and the sacrifices that I need to make rather than my own feelings and pain! To survive in this body I need to accept change! I need to prosper in one of the wealthiest things my body has going on....that is my health!

Rather than banging my head against the wall of hard reality and bruising my spirit, I need to invest my energy and make some quick adjustments! My own decisions are going to determine my success and my own stress level! So from now on...no self pity! No excuses!

Diary I thank you for listening and God I'm asking YOU to make me strong in order to make your temple the best it can be! AMEN! My team mates I am asking you for your support in these hard times! In turn I will be more supportive! I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Hope, we are all in this together...and together we will WIN! We're all fighting our personal setbacks and demons on this journey; but I believe we're all realizing that with teamwork, we can overcome our individual obstacles. You are strong in spirit (look how far you've come in the last year and a half)! But, be mindful to push yourself only where you CAN, and not try to fight the injuries, but work around them. You don't want to make your injuries permanent...the only pain we want for each other in is that "muscle burn" that eventually goes away (well, until we encounter BCTG's next workout). :)

    Believe it or not, we're past the half-way point! We're going to go out in a blaze of glory (not Blazing Saddles).

    Here's to the GTO KO's! Go, Hope! Go Jo! Go Katy! Go me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Hope!! you are not in this alone. You have our whole boot camp family on your side and the side of your team.

    ReplyDelete